Stoicism, founded around 300 BC in the Athens can be applied in this fast-paced world as an antidote for thriving in high-stress environments.
Life has its fair share of ups and downs, and sometimes it just doesn’t really go as planned.
- You have gotten your job but realized that the company culture is different from what you have expected
- You are humiliated by your boss
- You have lost an important document that has to be handed up the next day
- The public transport you are taking broke down at the worst possible time
- Your beloved one has been diagnosed with a serious illness
This is when Stoicism comes into play:
To be calm and composed in the face of adversities, and to separate on what you can control from what you cannot, is the core teaching of Stoicism…